Sunday, December 30, 2007

Independence Bowl Mania

I know, I know. It is Sunday and here I am posting on this the most cherished of days to sit around and do nothing. This practice is not for any religious purpose anymore it is just that by this time in the week no one wants to do anything or everyone is hungover and sitting around staring blankly at the fourth showing of Legally Blonde on TBS is a better idea anyway.

Well I laugh in the face of everyone's callous sloth and will be doing something today. I am going to the Independence Bowl right here in our sleepy little hamlet of a mid-major American city. I know it seems hard to believe that a town like ours does not get more high profile bowls, like the Car Care Bowl or even the Music City Bowl as we have been known to throw an impromptu outdoor sing-a-long, and by "we" I mean the entire city, collectively, will get together and sing songs around the square. It's nice and not in any of the tourist brochures but those in the know can find it.

Anyway, so I will be at the Independence Bowl experiencing the pageantry that a mid-major bowl game in a mid-major city can only offer. I am excited to be there and I know everyone is excited for a full, complete, and honest report of the days events. Well do not worry, I will have complete coverage of everything that happened and, of course, it will only be filled with the most truthful and heartfelt revelations.

No comments:

Post a Comment