Friday, January 25, 2008

Ante Meridiem Eye Openers-January 25, 2008CE

1) Yay; new deals with the WGA mean that Lionsgate and Marvel Entertainment are back up and running with writers. Good thing that does jack squat for television and my new favorite show Chuck. But a little is better than nothing. Hear that ladies?

2) I have wracked my brain for virtually minutes now and I still can't decide if this was the plot of a Beverly Hills Cop movie, or a Lethal Weapon. It's so believable as both. Oh man, what if Riggs and Murtaugh had to work with rogue Detroit cop Axel Foley? Can you imagine the wacky adventures they would get themselves into? And Billy Rosewood would have to rescue him with his abnormal amount of guns. Maybe I should join the WGA. (Ed. Note: I knew all those names off the top of my head, no wikipedia needed. Please pray for my soul)

3) Here is what you need to know about the new tax surplus refunds or whatever: I will never get one. In fact, I am sure that even though I take no deductions throughout the year, I will have to pay the federal government $3,000 and possibly the state another $400. It's because the United States Government, the State of Louisiana, Kim Jong Il, my mother, and God all hate me.

4) Finally, did you know, DID YOU KNOW, that there was once a bear who served in the Polish Army? I'll give you a moment to reread that sentence.

A bear who served in the Polish Army. With rank and a serial number and combat training who smoked cigarettes and drank beer. I'm sorry, but Rin Tin Tin and those ducks at the hotel and Paddington Bear and Krypto the Super Dog and Tara Reid and Underdog and Garfield and the Smurfs and Lassie combined have the light of a single birthday candle compared to the sun's life giving rays radiating off the bear who served in the Polish Army.

Well, that's about it. I leave you this wonderful video of Mr. Robert Randolph and the Family Band. It should get you in the mood for the partying and such. Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment