Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ante Meridiem Eye Openers-January 8, 2008CE

1) Congratulations to THE Louisiana State University for taking home the crystal ball in the Allstate BCS National Championship game. Honestly, what surprises me the most are the number of first place votes LSU received in the AP. 60 out of 65. No retarded split title this time. Slate's Josh Levin, a LSU fan, weighs in, as he so often does. I was glad to see he connected Chris Weinke with Ohio State's QB, Todd Boeckman. I made that same observation last night. Which means I am better than you. Clearly.

2) Joe Gibbs retired-again-from the Washington Redskins, two days after losing to the Seattle Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs. This presumably being the final nail in the Gibbs football career coffin, I anxiously await Paul Simon's tribute to Coach Gibbs.

3) The Daily Show and The Colbert Report have returned to the airwaves without their writers and I missed it. Thank God Comedy Central reruns those shows every 16 minutes, so I have a chance to catch them at 10, 12, 2:37, 5:44, 7, and the new one at 10.

Well, that's about it. It's like Les Miles said a few weeks ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment