Monday, February 4, 2008

Ante Meridiem Eye Openers-February 4, 2008CE

1) Gee, I keep thinking that something happened this weekend, but I can't remember what it was. Oh yea: the best Super Bowl in recent memory was played. I knew it was something. 5 sacks of Tom Brady in a year when its possible he didn't have 5 sacks all season. An amazing tension filled 4th quarter capped off by the Giants game winning touchdown with a minute to go. If you didn't watch hat game, you were dead, therefore not owning working optical nerves. Early numbers show this Super Bowl as being the most watched ever, placing it behind the series finale of M*A*S*H as most watched telecast ever. I personally was going to New England, just for the history aspect of it, and to shut the '72 Miami Dolphins up. Oh well, what I got was a rarity: A really good Super Bowl.

2) Almost as important as the game are the Super Bowl ads. Seth Stevenson from Slate has his ad report card, as does Time Magazine, complete with examples. I wasn't impressed with many of the ads, although talking babies are always a favorite, as was Charlie Brown finally winning something.

3) What is it about NFL players, the State of Georgia, and people getting killed? The latest is New Orleans Saints DE Charles Grant, who somehow got stabbed in the neck in some hole in the wall outpost in rural Georgia, which is repetitive. Note to humanity: Don't go to Georgia.

4) The mayor of Alice, TX stole her neighbor's dog. There is nothing more I can say.

Well, that's about it. I leave you with a video which is new to me, but apparently has made its way around. My New Haircut:

No comments:

Post a Comment