Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ante Meridiem Eye Openers-February 5, 2008CE

1) The Iraqis have a new flag, devoid of Saddam-era symbols. I mention this because I did not know the script in the center of the old flag was written in Saddam's own handwriting. Which is just interesting. And makes me want to design my own flag with the words "Waffles Are Better Than Pancakes" written in my own hand.

2) So mini-BTK up in Maryland goes home, kills his family and goes to play with friends. You know, between the kid-touchers and the legal cases regarding gays in scouts (which I have no problem with; knew at least one, but of course not many 16 year olds are coming out of the closet, so this information came later in life) and the homicidal maniacs, the Boy Scouts just isn't having a good decade.

3) Surprising everyone who actually likes watching ten men run wind sprints with a ball while listening to Marv Albert, Bob Knight retired suddenly from the Texas Tech Red Raiders, leaving them in the hands of his son. Knight is the winningest coach in men's basketball, and also crazy. I want him on TV in some capacity, throwing chairs and choking out Rece Davis.

Well, that's about it. It's like I learned watching Strange Wilderness this weekend: "Monkeys make up 80% of the world's monkey population."

No comments:

Post a Comment