Friday, October 19, 2007

Bob Uecker's Voice In the Restrooms at Miller Park is a Cherished Memory



Lets be honest here: when you think of watching Cleveland in the postseason, this is all you think of. It's all anyone should think of. A classic sports movie which is deserving of our respect.

More respect, dammit.

Which is why Josh Beckett is doing Tom Berringer and Wesley Snipes a great disservice by out dueling C.C. Sabathia for the Red Sox win, 7-1, last night. His 8 innings of superb work is enough to extend this long national nightmare.

Because really, a Cleveland Indians/Colorado Rockies(!?!) World Series is what the nation, nay, the world has been clamoring for ever since those rambunctious kids came into the league 15 years ago.

Dare I say the Rockies are the University of South Florida of the MLB? I dare, mostly because making comparisons between proverbial apples and oranges is a hobby of mine. Like when I told my boss that the monthly budget reports were as useful as a salamander's thumbnail. I think I made my point.

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen Major League. What does that say about me as a person?

    ReplyDelete