Thursday, November 1, 2007

Picks from a guy who watches football-Week 10

Thursday Night

Virginia Tech v Georgia Tech: Who cares really? ACC bullshit versus The Office. There is no question. The Office (Va Tech)

Saturday Early Games

Wisconsin v Ohio State: A great coup by the Big Ten Network to get this game. I am surprised this isn't the ABC night game for the east coast, but whatever. This is obviously Ohio State's game to lose. Ohio State

Nebraska v Kansas: Kansas wants you to think they are good enough to already have the Big 12 sewn up, but on the other hand Nebraska is a terrible team with no confidence in their coaching staff and an injured starting quarterback. Come to think of it, that's kinda the same hand. Kansas

Vanderbilt v Florida: The team that just will not leave the top 25, no matter what, needs to handle up on Vanderbilt. Quarterbacked by Gloria Vanderbilt's son, (Anderson Cooper) the Fightin' Academics, or whatever, have already beaten a highly ranked South Carolina team away, so anything can happen. Florida

Clemson v Duke: Tommy Bowden should feel comfortable resting his tits this week. Everyone knows they do all the actual playcalling. Clemson

Boise St. over San Jose St., Brigham Young over Colorado State, Kansas St. over Iowa St.

Saturday Afternoon

Michigan v Michigan State: A classic rivalry which I have attended in the Big House, Michigan has pulled themselves up to #12 and this should make for a good Big Ten game, which I feel like qualifying, since good is a relative term. Michigan

Texas v Oklahoma State: "I'm a man; I'm 40!!!!" Coach Mike is the greatest thing to come out of this football season so far, and Ryan Perriloux will have to fight a nun's retirement home to come close. I will go with the upset here, because OK ST has to prove which shade of Orange is better. Oklahoma State

LSU v Alabama: Oh my, how I am looking forward to the endless stream of Nick Saban that will spew forth from my television screen Saturday at 4 central. Even Verne Lundquist will not be able to stop, and that's just sad. Another worry is the afternoon game on CBS, and LSU isn't so hot historically. I trust the Tigers will prevail in the end, mostly because they are the superior team, and that has to count for something. LSU

Oregon over Arizona State, Tennessee over ULL, UCLA over Arizona

Saturday Night

Rutgers v Connecticut: Yikes, it took me 30 seconds of wondering why they were replaying this game to remember that I watched the Louisville/UCONN game. The Big East all runs together; like putting a red towel in with my brand new Uniwatch shirt. Not that that has happened and now I wear a pink tshirt around. Rutgers

Florida State v Boston College: If the most powerful senile man in the state of Florida somehow musters up his band of criminals and beats Boston College I will be very surprised. BC stays number 2 for now. Boston College

Texas A&M v Oklahoma: Oklahoma managed to spend $3000 of its athletic budget on the special A&M newsletter, so they should have the upper hand. Oklahoma

Oregon State over USC, South Carolina over Arkansas, Illinois over Minnesota

I'll get to last week's picks when I get good and damn ready to.

2 comments:

  1. nice picks...except one.

    i will be at the arkansas game this week and if i have to shoot the ol' ball coach myself to win i will do it.

    INDEPENDENCE BOWL HERE WE COME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the open arms of Shreveport Bossier-City will welcome you. Congratulations, I guess.

    ReplyDelete