Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sam Pickinpah

Thursday Night

Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech: Virginia Tech is currently beating Georgia Tech. I have not been watching this game because The Office was on and other stuff. I cannot in good conscience pick this game now. I will however, burn Utica to the ground.

Friday Night

There are three games on Friday night. I know nothing about the teams playing. They are: Nevada vs. New Mexico St., Akron vs. Bowling Green, and Temple vs. Ohio. Unless you are a student at one of these schools, or perhaps even if you are, I would recommend going get a drink with friends, watching a movie, or pretending you are not so sad that you are taking advice from some guy who is writing for a blog no one reads.

Saturday:

Wisconsin vs. Ohio St.: I think this will be closer than some would think. Big Ten has been real wild and some things just have not added up. That being said, Ohio St wins. Keep ‘em at number one.

Wake Forest vs. Virginia: Two ranked ACC teams battling it out on the big Saturday morning stage. Virginia.

Clemson vs. Duke: A ranked, yet very up and down Clemson takes it to the Dukies.

Iowa vs. Northwestern: People have realized by now that for some reason I am on the Iowa bandwagon. It appears that I will not be falling off of that any time soon. Iowa.

Penn State vs. Purdue: Penn State is going to win. Purdue will lose. That’s all.

Miami vs. NC State: Miami

Florida vs. Vanderbilt: Where to begin with what could go wrong here. Florida but who the hells knows for sure. There are no safe bets anymore.

Kansas vs. Nebraska: Come on. Mangino is wiping the BBQ sauce off his face and body right now while he game plans this. It really consists of just doing what he has been doing all year. Defying the odds and gaining the respect of athletes in the best shape of their lives. Oh yeah, and coming up with great game plans that win. Kansas, it continues.

Georgia vs. Troy: This game wants to be an easy call. It is wishing that Georgia comes out and just wrecks the dreams of every Troy player. This season has been to wild for that. Georgia, what did you expect? Someone to predict the upset, not on this site. We play it safe. Hence the fact we do not have children or girlfriends. Well the latter has more to do with us in general rather than any “safe choices.” But I digress.

Ole Miss vs. Northwestern State: If Orgeron believes in anything, Ole Miss must win this game. Ole Miss, but pray Orgeron, pray.

Auburn vs. Tennessee Tech: Auburn. Did the SEC get together and decide to take the weekend off when it comes to late season conference play? This is so odd.

Notre Dame vs. Navy: Some things in life make you smile and feel good all over. Navy beating Notre Dame will be one of those things. Navy is still trying to convince the world that this “Wing-T” style of offense isn’t just hype. Only history will be the judge.

Boise St vs. San Jose St.. Baylor vs. Texas Tech.

Michigan vs. Michigan St.: I mean, picking the Big Ten this year has been giving me heartburn. Who knows with this ragtag group of young men playing their hearts out and living to the beat of a different drummer? Michigan. I think it will just be the better of two teams who wins for once in this crazy world we call a conference.

Texas vs. Oklahoma St.: Again, this year the obvious picks have been not so obvious. I cannot imagine what will happen. Texas, but I fear the reaper on this one.

South Florida vs. Cincinnati: USF disappointed me last week. I expected them to rebound. I thought they had G-U-T-S, GUTS! I was wrong. Cincinnati. The Big East conference makes me sick. Just the idea that these two teams were hyped so much this year. I don’t know, I just do not like it. My opinion, that’s all.

UCLA vs. Arizona; Air Force vs. Army; UCF vs. Marshall; Maryland vs. North Carolina; Tennessee vs. Louisiana-Lafayette, I hope.

LSU vs. Alabama: This game is so not about the coaches I bet no one mentions it at all. This is two football teams playing each other like they would every other year and there is no way that the coaches are mentioned except in passing like all the other games this week. Give me a break. This game will be a drag out fist fight between these two coaches with the only difference being that they will be using 22 athletic young men to do the actual slugging and cheap shots. Tuscaloosa, Saban, Miles. LSU or Alabama. Did you think I would pick this? Too much at stake here for me to pick this and it would be biased on a level that would make Keith Olberman reel back in disapproval.

Missouri vs. Colorado: Missouri. I have a distinct feeling that Missouri does not want to start losing games now out there in the Big 12. Colorado’s D is tough and they are a decent team. I just like the Tigers of Missoura.

Arizona St vs. Oregon: This is the game of the week if you consider yourself a college football fan. This is the game to determine the Pac-10 National Championship representative. I am so pumped about this game I see ducks everywhere I look. This will be the same phenomenon that Arizona St.’s defense will run into. Oregon. With possibly one of the best, well executed, scary good offenses I have seen in a long time. I like these guys to go far.

(Editor’s note: An LSU vs. Oregon National Championship Game would be something for the ages. Every football fan could agree that would be special.)

Rutgers vs. UConn: Again, the shock of picking this game and the idea it might matter at some point is beyond my scope. UConn, why the hell not? They have come this far.

Boston College vs. Florida St.: Jimbo Fishers’ offense at Florida St has been known to induce vomiting in people with 20/20 vision, suitable corrective lenses, or, hell, everyone alive. They have looked terrible from what I have seen of them this year. Boston College. Tick, Tick, Tick; the season’s clock is winding down and I still do not see the top two teams losing. Uh-oh - LSU, Oregon, Arizona St, Oklahoma fans. It’s getting pretty scary isn’t it?

Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M: Oklahoma. Another game that seems like it could go anyway with the flow this season has taken. Just have to go with my gut here. Oklahoma is pretty good this year; I wish they would show it.

USC vs. Oregon St.: USC. I cannot imagine a universe where Pete Carroll and the Trojans lose three games. It might happen, but not this week.

Arkansas vs. South Carolina: Where has Arkansas been this year? Where is they hype machine in Fayetteville? South Carolina is on the snide right now and Arkansas continues to prove that firing your coach is a good idea sometimes. Arkansas. Gamecocks are dying and the Hogs have McFadden, it might be played to a tie though.

Washington St vs. Cal; Minnesota vs. Illinois in an odd Big Ten night game.

Sunday Night:

Southern Methodist vs. Houston: I am not going to pick this game. Just wanted to mention it was on since these teams rarely make national television and with reason. But its nice that ESPN gives smaller programs some spotlight time.

No comments:

Post a Comment